New Layer house for small egg farmers
A brand new design for small chicken farmers – this latest yellow door layer house from Chicken Shack Agencies.
This great looking chicken house is specially designed with the small egg producer in mind. Layer house designed for holding the new generation layer cages need to be wider and higher (and the height is determined by the number of cages you have on top of each other, these are known as tiers) – and this poultry house has it all. They are robust, quick to put up – and we can get to even the most rural areas with our team. You can add extras like roof insulation (recommended) and you can also increase the thickness of the sheeting on the roof and wall – also recommended – especially if you are farming at the coast – the thinner sheets will rust pretty quickly – we reckon 0.5mm should be the thinnest you use (although we do use 0.3mm sometimes), and 0.9mm is optimum.
Features of Yellow Door Layer House
- 2.5m side roof height – allowing 2 tier layer cages to easily fit without being too close to the roof.
- Low kick plates – allowing an extra high curtain openings for great cooling properties and easy litter drying
- Lots of space around the layer cages allowing for an egg trolley or wheelbarrow to easily move around the layer cages.
- New generation layer cages with 7 bird bays.
- Nipple pipes and feeding troughs for simple and labour efficient feeding and drinking.
- Small water tanks on starter section of layer cages for easy medication of hens.
- Winched curtain system using robust geared winches.
- Fully welded steel structure using 30mm x 30mm angle iron.
- Thick galvanised sheeting – 0.5mm thick.
- Manifold water system with tank on roof.
This layer house can be erected and assembled anywhere you like – The chicken house can be put up in remote locations – even if you have no electricity or water during the building phase. Perfect for small chicken farmers and emerging poultry farmers. Available in 12m x 4m, 16m x 4m, 18m x 4m, 21m x 4m and 30m x 4m.
If you are thinking of egg farming in South Africa this layer house will cover all bases. If you need to know more – email us or leave a comment and we will get back to you and explain the process. We can also help with the “how to farm eggs” type questions. We can teach you how to use the equipment, best practises in terms of how to raise and profit from layer farming and bio security.
Extra features for free range egg farmers and organic egg farmers
The Yellow Door Layer house can be converted to a free range chicken house or an organic chicken house. By adding free range flaps, or free range pop holes it is easy to start raising free range chickens or organic chickens. You will of course not be able to place as many hens and you will need some outside space (enced) for the hens to roam around. Free range eggs attract a higher price per egg, but the costs of free range farming are also a bit higher. The market for non cage eggs is growing in South Africa – so it is definitely worth considering – especially if you have a conscience about how livestock and chickens are treated.